The Setting of A Little Princess

I have read "Beauty and the Beast" since April but I sometimes struggle reading it, so I change the book for extensive reading.

The setting of "A Little Princess" written by Frances Eliza Hodgson Burnett is England in the 19th century. In the period, there was a gap between the rich and the poor like Rose and Nancy in the story of "Oliver Twist." The rich like Sara were able to receive education at school but the others were not; for example, Becky, one of servants working at school Sara studies, could not read and write very well. Becky was treated badly by Miss Minchin, the principal of her school. Anne, the homeless girl Sara meets after the death of her father, had even nowhere to work until she started working at the bakery. Burnett writes clearly about the society and life in the Victorian Period. 

Comments

  1. Hello, Nami!
    I have watched the animation of "A Little Princess."
    Enjoy reading your new book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book is similar setting to Oliver Twist isn’t it? I hope Becky will be happy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you!